City of London Academy specialises in Business & Enterprise and Sport.
Of these specialisms, Enterprise is the common thread that runs through life at CoLA Southwark; it is central to our ethos and present in all the subjects we teach.
Enterprise improves learning, employment and life skills, leaderships skills, self-esteem, citizenship, creativity and the ability to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Enterprise produces students who are gifted, inclusive, diligent, ambitious and always ready to seize the initiative.
Our specialisms provide students many benefits, including:
- A chance to experience different sports at KS3, including basketball, football and kayaking
- A chance to set up their own business through the Young Enterprise Programme
- Business & Enterprise / Sports activity week
- More specialist, high-quality teaching staff
- More chances to develop the skills of enterprise, self-reliance and problem-solving
- Accreditation to a range of sports coaching programmes including the highly-regarded Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Sponsorship by the City of London Corporation with regard to business expertise and support for our work experience programmes
CoLA Southwark also works closely with the Southwark School Sports Partnership to promote excellence in PE and sport.